- From Name: The most effective From Name is what your recipients recognize you by or expect to hear from. Not sure what that is? TEST IT!
- Subject Line: Send 10% of your email list one subject line, and another 10% a different subject line. Then, look at which subject line performs better and send the remaining 80% the more successful subject line. Easy as pie!
- Pre-Header: Your pre-header should support or complement your subject line. For example, your subject line tells your recipients you're having a sale (Get 50% Off for a Limited Time Only) and your pre-header explains to the recipient what items are on sale (Save on Designer Jeans & Jackets).
- Headline: Your headline should clearly explain what your email is about and what’s in it for the recipient.
- How You State Your Offer: Are you promoting a half off sale? 50% off? Buy One Get One FREE? The way you say it can affect the success – so make sure to test it before you go full throttle!
- Button vs. Text Link: At VR we have found people like to click on buttons more than text links in our emails and newsletters. Click here to easily create and add buttons to your emails and see if it's the same for you.
- Color of Your Button/CTA: If you get the VESIGNS BUZZ, you may have noticed a change in the button color. That’s because we tested blue buttons vs. green buttons and green was the lucky winner! Test your button color and see what color your recipient's eye is more drawn to.
- Placement of Call to Action: Test where you put your Call to Action in your email and/or how many you include. Your click-through rate will help you determine what worked and what didn’t.
- Images: Test how many images you have, where you put them and what images you use. Remember to always use alt-text too!
- Testimonials: Test to see if customer testimonials help your emails perform better. If not, use the space for something that’s more effective!
Joomla's admin username can be easily changed with a simple MySQL query. The most convenient way to manage the database is through the phpMyAdmin tool. Go to your cPanel and click on phpMyAdmin in the Databases box. (If you are not using cPanel or do not have phpMyAdmin, you can run the query directly for Joomla's database.)
Once in the phpMyAdmin select the Joomla database from the drop-down menu at left. The page will refresh and the database's tables will be displayed on it. Open the SQL tab (look at the top navigation bar).
In the text field write the following SQL query:
UPDATE `jos_users` SET `password` = MD5( 'new_password' ) WHERE `jos_users`.`username` = "admin" ;
"new_password" - replace this with the new password you wish to use.
"admin" - replace this if your admin username is different.
"jos_" - replace this if your SQL SUBFEX is different.
Once you are ready, click on the GO button to submit the query. If everything goes fine without errors, you should be able to login to Joomla with the new password.
Note: These instructions are valid both for Joomla 1.5.* and Joomla 1.0.*.
if you're not familiar with Joomla! it's one of the most powerful open source content management system frameworks out today. Before Google Analytics was even around Joomla! has been doing simple page view tracking or "hits" as it's called in the admin area.
Once we launched the site all of the articles of our Joomla! powered site had huge amounts of "hits". As nice as it was for me to wake up this morning and think 1,587 people viewed my "About Me" page, it was not a true reality. I just needed to reset all the article page hits.
Resetting the hits on a per-page basis is extremely easy, as a matter-of-fact there is a "reset hits" button right next to the hit tracker on every article edit page. That's great, but I had a hundred or so articles I needed to reset. I thought for sure this would be a difficult task, but thanks to the Joomla! forums and the power of the community it was VERY simple.
It can easily be done through phpMyAdmin or on the command line by doing the following SQL query
update jos_content set hits = 0
Yes, that's it. I know I just did a lot of writing for such a simple solution, but I'm new to this blogging thing. Hope it helped.
NOTE: if you CHANCED your database jos_ to any thing els you will need to up date the code line
update brad_content set hits = 0
Back on November of 2014 Eric A Sears entered VE SIGNS. Upon Doing So Handed me a business card with his information apon it. i saw that he offered web services and design services. so when i saw this i took down his email and using my automated email sent him a email letting him know about me and my service.
well lets just say... i wish he would of contacted me, instead he slandered my name on yelp and VE Signs on yelp.
so im asking that any of my friend or customer also flag his post there was nothing wrong on sending 3 email with different content with no intent of re sending emails if i never got a reply.
here is his information.
Eric A Sears
legendary entertainment group
19510 Van Buren Blvd Suite F3-432 Riverside, Ca 92508 - not a office that is a PO box!
as reported me to godaddy as a SCAM Spammer and godaddy with out a human looking over the clam with a automated system is know pushing me to take a settlement of $75 (im saying extortion!)
so i paid and now will reviews and service to eric a sears.
hes as posted as a fake name on YELP! - Michael S.
VE SIGNS is where i do sign and graphic design. websites and email services are not related to his mass clam!
(this page will be removed if all posts FAULTS clams are removed)
Graphic design has an amazing community. Comprised of both the Masters from the pre-computer Era to the Newbies who were raised on the internet and computer-editing applications, there is a huge amount of people sharing their work and expertise online. I know when I was starting out in design, I found tons of inspiration and information from sites like youtube and more. If there’s one issue, however, it’s that there’s almost too much great information out there. I know – good problem to have, right?
But for those designers just starting out, or for those designers who are considering getting into design, the amount of information can be a little overwhelming. Couple this with Paper Leaf’s desire to give back to the design community, and this is what you get: the All-in-One Graphic Design Starter’s Kit. The idea behind this kit is for it to be a one-stop shop for those getting into design – and for it to be completely free. It includes free software (for both Mac & Windows – photo/raster editing, vector editing, and HTML/CSS WYSIWYG editing), eBooks, textures, vectors, brushes, and awesome fonts. If you were to have no idea where to start, you could come here, download everything, read the eBooks and corresponding software guides, and have a great starting point.
All of these items are free, open-source and legal for both me to share & you to download – however, please don’t claim any of them as your own.
- Numbering tickets (stickers) with InDesign
- Using InkScape For Graphic and sign design
- Windows Run Commands
- How to send email text to a phone
- PHP INI php.ini php5.ini on godaddy server linux server
- Block your site from being in an Iframe
- Stop Tracking and Ads
- Bluebrads Movie list
- Clipart Lic|TOS
- How to Deal with Clients with Crazy Suggestions
- Useful links - bluebrad
- Bluebrad v3 - NEW